Jonathon Perrelli, Maxim Wheatley and Katie Gage
About the Instructor
This course is designed by Jonathon Perrelli, Maxim Wheatley, and Katie Gage and includes interviews and insights from 30+ additional entrepreneurs, investors and industry leaders.
Startupland is truly an accelerator experience on the screen, and we know that there are many entrepreneurs beginning their journeys right at this moment. We have produced the Startupland documentary series and designed this course to be paired with it. We are driven by the idea of helping others along this journey, while inspiring others to begin.
We set out to educate and empower the innovators and entrepreneurs and reach the world-changers out there to help them succeed and thrive. The primary goal of the Startupland course is to help participants explore content in order to develop a strategy for becoming a startup entrepreneur.
The course is designed with the assumption that its learners are or have the ability to be goal oriented, internally motivated, appreciate respect, and can reflect on their own life experiences or relate to the experience of others to expand their knowledge of startup entrepreneurship.
- Lesson 1 Objectives FREE TRIAL
- Jonathon Perrelli: What is entrepreneurship? FREE TRIAL
- Amy Millman: On The E Gene FREE TRIAL
- Why You Do It FREE TRIAL
- Founding Yourself: Becoming a Startup CEO FREE TRIAL
- Taking the Plunge into Entrepreneurship
- Casey Pugh answers the question, "What is it like being an entrepreneur?"
- Steve Case: When I Became an Entrepreneur FREE TRIAL
- The Most Important Question FREE TRIAL
- Lesson 5 Objectives
- Steve Case: All You Need to Get Started
- What it Takes to be a Leader
- Allie Armitage: Critical Qualities in Leadership
- Strategic Vision and Planning
- Steve Case: The Vision of AOL
- Coping with Negativity
- The Need for Focus
- Jonathon Perrelli: The Need for Focus
- Allie Armitage: The Importance of Self Care
- Allie Armitage: Do Nothing for Two Minutes
- Lesson 5 Knowledge Check
- Lesson 6 Objectives
- Co-Founding Vs. Going Alone
- The Founding Team
- Tim O'Shaughnessy: Co-Founder vs. Employee
- Building the Initial Team
- Interview Methods
- Jonathon Perrelli: Interview Style
- The importance of Mentorship
- Michael Chasen: One Mentor Isn't Enough
- Kathy Penny: The Importance of Culture
- Tim O'Shaughnessy: Creating a Culture
- Allie Armitage: Leading with Values
- Lesson 6 Knowledge Check
- Lesson 8 Objectives
- Rob Lawson-Shanks: Defining your Audience
- Optimizing for the Platform
- Avoiding Feature Creep
- Rob Lawson-Shanks: "Overengineering"
- Buy vs. Build
- Casey Pugh: Fake It 'til You Make It and Prioritizing
- What is the User Experience?
- Rob Lawson-Shanks: Design Test Loop
- The User vs. The Product
- Your Personal Experience
- Lesson 8 Knowledge Check
- Lesson 9 Objectives
- What is a Brand?
- Jonathon Perrelli: Naming the Product
- Telling Your Story
- Jonathon Perrelli: Trademark and Domain
- Maxim Wheatley: Ineffective Branding
- Paul Singh: How Growth Differs for a Tech Company
- Growth Hacking
- Tim O'Shaughnessy: Explosive Growth
- Jonathon Perrelli: How to Utilize Strategic Partners
- Lesson 9 Knowledge Check